Friday, September 3, 2010

Weekly Planners

This is an important announcement for ALL students at Cape Lookout.

You are required to do homework. It's just a part of the high school experience. I've already told my kids they will get homework. At first it may seem like a lot, but it will not be all the time. Homework is a way to help them keep their grades up.

I also do NOT assign unnecessary homework. Every piece of homework I assign is for a reason. I don't believe in busy work. Homework is a tool that teachers (especially myself) use to reinforce an idea we discussed in class. I will never give homework on material you've NEVER seen. It's always something the child know and should have taken notes on in class.

With that said, students should invest in a planner. Many of my students forgot last weeks homework assignments because they didn't write them down. I encourage you to get a planner. Not only does this help with organization for school, but also for activities outside of school.

Thanks and have an awesome Labor Day weekend!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment